Get 50 songs for FREE with the new Jesusfreakhideout.com compilation!

Border leftarrow upMore Newsarrow downBorder right
Space
Space

Space
Space Space
Space
Space
Jesusfreakhideout.com Forum Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSearch Function tutorial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GlorytoGod View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Search Function tutorial
    Posted: May-19-2006 at 1:20pm
Hi everyone,

As you know, we ask all members to use our Search function before starting a new thread on a topic.  Among other reasons, it's much easier for all of us if we don't have 3 or 4 threads on the same topic - with one thread, replies are located in one, convenient thread for everyone to follow.

We realize that newcomers (and even some veterans) may not be familiar with the Search policy, but honestly, if you've been on the Internet for any amount of time you know that it's a courtesy to search before you post a new thread on any discussion board.

Here are some tips on how to run a Search here at JesusfreakHideout.com.  We hope they will be of some help. 

1.  Click on "Topic Search" and then "Advanced Search" This is the best way. Run your search using only one word.  Seriously, you'll get more hits that way and then you can weed out the ones that don't apply to your search.  The word must be 3 or more characters long; for instance, you cannot search for Project 86 by just using "86", so try "Project" or "P86", please. 

Additionally, if you are searching for anything that is considered a "favorite" (fave CD, fave band of all time, fave drummer, etc.) please use "fav" - it will bring you all the results where people have posted using "fav", "fave", or "favorite".

2.  Set it to search in the forum you are in at the moment.  If you want to search for a topic on a Christian artist, make sure it's set to search in "Christian Music". 

3.  Set it to search in the "Topic Subject".  This is easier to see at a glance if there is an existing thread on your topic.

4.  Set it to display results as "Topics" (not posts).  Again, we feel this is the most effective way to view your search results.

5.  Set it to search for posts from "any date".  It is defaulted to set for threads six months and newer - tell it to search all the threads and you will get better results.

6.  Check your spelling!  I know, it seems simple enough, but it's not unusual for all of us to misspell words from time to time.

7.  If your search does not give any results, try again using a different word.

8.  Please allow 20 seconds between searches.

Thanks to all who use the Search function.  It really helps us keep things organized in the Forums!

God bless.  Feel free to e-mail me by using the Staff Contact Form at the "Staff" link at the bottom of this page, if you have a question or a concern and I will reply to you as soon as possible.

~The JfH moderating team~

Note: To e-mail me please use the Contact Form on my "Staff" page (Karen M.) at the bottom of this page (scroll down).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic