Jesusfreakhideout.com Forum Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TFK gone Independent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chosenone View Drop Down
VIP
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chosenone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TFK gone Independent
    Posted: Nov-30-2011 at 12:38am
Looks like from thier facebook message, they will be releasing thier new album The End Is Where We Begin on thier own. They have a kickstarter page to raise funds for the release which looks like is March.
Beyond the dark horizon
Out where the people are crying
a Morningstar will be rising
rising to show us the way-
Whiteheart
CrossFMJosh View Drop Down
Stage Crew
Stage Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrossFMJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-30-2011 at 4:00pm
interesting turn of events. wonder why they chose this route, although i think it could be a good bet. this kickstarter option may be the way to go--more creative control for any band is often a great thing
Chosenone View Drop Down
VIP
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chosenone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-30-2011 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by CrossFMJosh CrossFMJosh wrote:

interesting turn of events. wonder why they chose this route, although i think it could be a good bet. this kickstarter option may be the way to go--more creative control for any band is often a great thing

I believe thier contract with T&N was up after Welcome to the Masquerade
Beyond the dark horizon
Whiteheart
Zakuvawltraydz View Drop Down
VIP
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zakuvawltraydz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-30-2011 at 11:05pm
    I tend to think that this was more of a creative or 'we haven't done that before' type of thing & less of a splitting with T&N deal.
    I really like the idea & am probably gonna pitch in a little towards it. I like the movement of big artists going indie; it gives more validity to other indie artists (like me) who aren't as worried about the corporate side of music.
"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell." -As I Lay Dying
gingeronmars View Drop Down
VIP
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingeronmars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-04-2011 at 2:21am
They've just released a new song, "War of Change". There's a lyric video for it on their YouTube channel.
Chosenone View Drop Down
VIP
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chosenone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-04-2011 at 11:12am
Originally posted by gingeronmars gingeronmars wrote:

They've just released a new song, "War of Change". There's a lyric video for it on their YouTube channel.

They are also giving it away for free. I know noisetrade has it for a limited time.
Beyond the dark horizon
Whiteheart
VIP
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zakuvawltraydz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-04-2011 at 6:12pm
Yeah, I downloaded it a couple of days ago when they did a tweet-for-download offer. The song is amazing!
"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell." -As I Lay Dying
VIP
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zakuvawltraydz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-30-2011 at 5:14pm
They just released the new album artwork on Twitter. Check it out. (hope this link works)

https://twitter.com/#!/OfficialTFK/status/152868498916388864/photo/1
crosstheway View Drop Down
VIP
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crosstheway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-01-2012 at 9:38pm
Is this yet more album art from Invisible Creature? They did the last two
Fight on your knees and your giants will fall ~ Oh Sleeper
Heathjack View Drop Down
VIP
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-07-2012 at 12:43am
their one of my favoite band i got all theri cds. i seen them twice in concert.
Heathjack
johntheumfreak View Drop Down
VIP
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johntheumfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-12-2012 at 2:04pm
I love TFK and am excited for this. The Kickstarter campaign ended a week or so ago with a good total, album should be releasing late March.
Nope
Heathjack View Drop Down
VIP
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-31-2012 at 4:25am
you can listen to the whole cd on you tube
Heathjack
VIP
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zakuvawltraydz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar-23-2012 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Heathjack Heathjack wrote:

you can listen to the whole cd on you tube

Yeah, I've been listening to it alot lately. It is simply amazing! I like what I've heard so far better than Welcome To The Masquerade. Can't wait til' April!
johntheumfreak View Drop Down
VIP
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johntheumfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2012 at 11:07am
Can't believe this thread went inactive.

Got mine in the mail last month and it's really good. I love that they went back to the Set It Off sound on a couple of the songs, and the ones in their more recent style were great too. Lots of variety. Great album packaging too.
Nope
Ryan H. View Drop Down
VIP
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2012 at 8:57pm
Love!!! their new album... one of My favs in Fly on The Wall
Livin' for Christ! I vine for Christ at "Thatguyujustmet"

Also, check out Music Switch at www.facebook.com/musicswitch
VIP
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zakuvawltraydz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2012 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Ryan H. Ryan H. wrote:

Love!!! their new album... one of My favs in Fly on The Wall

The new album is totally amazing & a lot better than the overrated Welcome To The Masquerade which felt like the tempos of the songs were too slow. And I love Fly On The Wall too! It's a different sounding song, very dramatic, I like it a lot. Favorite songs are "Courtesy Call", "We Are", "Be Somebody", "Let The Sparks Fly", "Fly On The Wall",  "All I Need To Know", & "So Far Gone". The only song I don't care that much for is "Get Wicked" & "Down" is just ok.
cubs223425 View Drop Down
Stage Crew
Stage Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubs223425 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2012 at 8:31pm

I think that this might be their best album. I wasn't crazy for the first, and I've never been big on the hip-hop(-ish) lyrics, but the music on this album is outstanding. I agree that "Fly on a Wall" is a great song as well, maybe my favorite by them.

starflyer59 View Drop Down
Freak For Life
Freak For Life

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflyer59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2012 at 9:56am
Did Ty Dietlzer leave the band? I saw TFK on the Music Boat cruise in 2010 and TY was the most amazing guitarist i have ever seen.
Does your music glorify God? Is Art first in your life or is God? John 3:30
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic