BRENTWOOD, Tenn. – Dec. 8, 2009 – EMI Christian Music Group (CMG) Distribution and have signed a long-term retail distribution agreement with the faith and values based film and production company Pure Flix Entertainment and will release five new video projects before Christmas, with several additional releases slated for 2010.
EMI CMG will have exclusive North American rights for Christian retail and Amazon.com distribution of Pure Flix Entertainment video projects. Three DVDs will released on November 17 including “Sarah’s Choice” featuring the acting debut of contemporary Christian music artist Rebecca St. James; the John Hagee Ministries produced end-times thriller “In the Blink of An Eye”; and “Birdie and Bogie” a touching father-daughter film. “A Greater Yes” and “Book of Ruth” will release on December 15.
“EMI CMG has a long history of delivering high quality faith-based and family friendly video projects, and we have expanded our focus on this growing category in recent years and have made it an important priority for the future,” said Greg Bays, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for EMI CMG Distribution. “Pure Flix has already established an impressive track record with meaningful and inspiring movies and we are especially excited that we will have five strong and diverse titles available in time for the Christmas season.”
“Since the founding of Pure Flix Entertainment in 2004 our goal has been to provide entertaining films with a message. The partnership with EMI provides us a strong arm to the Christian bookstores as a part of our overall corporate vision. As a full service studio providing film production, para-theatrical and theatrical exhibition, new media, and full service multi channel distribution it was imperative to engage EMI as our Christian retail distribution service. They provide excellent sales representation and customer service for our quality productions,” Byron Jones, managing partner of Pure Flix Entertainment.
The Pure Flix Entertainment projects just released by EMI CMG on November 17 include:
* “Sarah’s Choice” not only stars GRAMMY and Dove Award-winning artist St. James, but features a strong pro-life message. St. James is Sarah, a young woman poised for professional success but facing an unexpected pregnancy. When faced with decisions about her pregnancy, Sarah’s friends and co-workers insist that she has the right to choose a path that offers a successful career and unlimited rewards while others advise Sarah of another choice – a choice that will not only change her life but also the lives of her loved ones now and forever. The movie also features Dick Van Patten and Brad Stine.
* “In the Blink of an Eye" tackles another captivating subject – the end times. David A.R. White (Mercy Streets) portrays Detective David Ramsey who finds himself in the middle of a worldwide Nostradomic event that begins with the disappearance of his own wife. The film’s dramatic imagery and visual effects with a creative screenplay that will have moviegoers thinking, hoping and guessing until the last credit rolls.
* “Birdie and Bogie” stars “Walker, Texas Ranger’s” Mike Norris and “Friday Night Lights’” Janine Turner in a story about a golf, and family and dying prayers. Danny is a golfer in pursuit of his PGA dreams with 12-year-old daughter Birdie at his side as his unlikely coach. When Birdie is diagnosed with a life-threatening disease, Danny must find a way to carry on alone so that he may fulfill his daughters dying wish…to know in his heart what his daughter knows in hers.
The December 15th street date includes these releases:
* “A Greater Yes” is the true story of Texas teenager Amy Newhouse whose courageous battle with cancer did not save her own life, but sparked a revival in her whole community. Amy was a very popular girl at Pampa High School with a boyfriend, a loving family, and a love for short-term missions. Then, she is stricken with cancer and Amy ultimately learns that the “yes” from God is not what she expects, but became instead “a greater yes.” Revival breaks out as Amy’s faith proves an example to everyone.
* “The Book of Ruth” is a theatrical adaptation of the book of Ruth from the Old Testament, starring Dan Haggerty (“Grizzly Adams”), Lana Wood (“Diamonds are Forever”), Eleese Lester (“Friday Night Lights”), Carman of Carman World Ministries, and newcomer Sherry Morris as Ruth. “The Book of Ruth” is a Biblical Cinderella story from the archives of the royal Jewish bloodline, this story reveals the redemption of their inheritance through the child Obed, who was the grandfather of King David.
“These first five releases present something for everyone – romance, family, mystery, redemption – from a distinctly Christian point of view which will appeal to many Christian retail shoppers this Christmas and in the New Year,” said Bays.
ABOUT EMI CMG DISTRIBUTION (www.emicmgdistribution.com):
Billboard Magazine's annual Top Christian Music Distributor since 1995, EMI CMG Distribution was founded in 1994 to serve as the main distribution outlet for EMI CMG's owned and distributed labels to the US Christian and general retail marketplace, and the international Christian marketplace. In addition to distributing EMI CMG fully-owned labels, which include EMI CMG Label Group's Sparrow, ForeFront, and Credential imprints, as well as EMI Gospel and Worship Together, EMI CMG Distribution has exclusive distribution agreements with Tooth & Nail/BEC, Creative Trust Media, EE-Taow Records, Gaither Music Group, Green Hill Productions, Hal Leonard, Inpop, Just Me Music, Kingsway Music, Madacy Entertainment, Spring Hill Music Group, Troubadour for the Lord, Universal Music Group, VSR Music Group, Anchor Bay Entertainment/Starz, Cloud 9 Games, First Look Studios, Genius Products, GT Media, Guardian Studios/Bananas, Kelly's Filmworks, Pure Flix Entertainment and Third Day Games. EMI CMG Distribution is a division of EMI CMG, a unit of EMI Music (www.emi.com), one of the world's leading music companies.
ABOUT PURE FLIX ENTERTAINMENT (www.pureflixentertainment.com)
Pure Flix Entertainment, LLC (PFE ) produces, distributes, acquires and markets Christian and family-friendly film properties. Pure Flix Entertainment unites some of the most respected and successful members of the Christian film community with the objective of positioning itself as the industry leader for the production and distribution of high quality, inspiring movies and television programs, while doing so with integrity. Media in the form of entertainment and education owns a sure path to how people think about life. Impacting how they think can impact how they live and the choices they make. And because the human mind thinks in pictures, we believe that film is a powerful social and spiritual influence. For these reasons, our work and passion is the profitable production and distribution of inspiring, Christian and family values based forms of media. Mission Statement: transforming the human spirit through values based entertainment.
Jan. | Feb. | March | April | May | June | July | Aug. | Sept. | Oct. | Nov. | Dec.
[2001 - 2017]
Visit our complete MUSIC NEWS ARCHIVE
|Facedown Records' Comrades Announces New Album, Lead Single|
Fri, 19 Apr 2019 11:40:00 EST
|Tori Harper Releases "Revival" Today, Joins Prayer Movement|
Fri, 19 Apr 2019 11:45:00 EST
|"Father's Love" Single From Influencers Available Today On Good Friday|
Fri, 19 Apr 2019 11:40:00 EST
|Mallary Hope To Perform LIVE on FOX and Friends this Easter Sunday|
Thu, 18 Apr 2019 20:30:00 EST
|Integrity Music Releases New EP from Local Sound Today|
Thu, 18 Apr 2019 12:30:00 EST
|Trinity Releases "Anthem Of Love" April 19 From The Fuel Music|
Wed, 17 Apr 2019 18:40:00 EST