Jesusfreakhideout.com Releases Third Free Digital Compilation, Rock, Paper, Scissors, METAL
A free hardcore and metal music sampler boasting 26 different bands and songs
NEWS SOURCE: What Will People Think? PR
June 11, 2013
Following two successful independent music compilations in 2012, Jesusfreakhideout.com (JFH) recently launched a third compilation, this time focusing solely on the world of metal and hardcore music. Titled Rock, Paper, Scissors, METAL, the compilation features independent acts, acts signed to familiar record labels like Come&Live! and Facedown Records, as well as those signed to lesser-known labels like Sancrosanct and Rottweiler Records.
Click here to download the free 26-song metal sampler!
For Songs We've Been Trying To Tell You About (And Others We Haven't), Volume Two, JFH had gathered more songs from metal and hardcore artists to use than for the previous sampler (Songs We've Been Trying To Tell You About (And Others We Haven't), Volume One). With the desire to keep the samplers as diverse in genre as possible, the idea of putting them all together on their own sampler came up. So JFH's Scott Fryberger started work on the project.
"Heavy music is an integral part of the music scene today," Scott says. "Not only is its popularity soaring, it's also a good place to find genuinely talented musicians, which has not only been hard to find in recent years, but it's continuing to get even harder to find. Add that to the work ethic of independent bands who strive to be taken seriously and get their name and/or message out there, and you're looking at the part of the remedy to the ailing industry."
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Metal contains music from well-known artists such as Altars, Fallstar, Everything In Slow Motion, and Hope For The Dying, as well as up-and-coming groups such as Rejoice the Awakening, On the Shoulders of Giants, Conveyer, and Lessons (which features David and Seth Hostetter from Children 18:3!). JFH gives its thanks to its own Cortney Warner for naming the sampler, and the talented Jonathan Hunte (of Broken Gumball Machine and The King's Offspring) for providing the artwork.
The full Rock, Paper, Scissors, METAL track listing:
*courtesy of Sancrosanct Records
- Lifeless Eyes (single) (5:19) - A Sight To See*
- Eternity (from the album "Something More") (3:20) - Altars**
- Blind Leaders, Mute Teachers (from the EP "Many Waters/Many Floods") (3:53) - Rejoice the Awakening
- Rise (from the album "Tepid") (3:56) - See The Light***
- Mon Amie (from the EP "Five Points") (3:36) - Lessons
- Drags, Drugs and Bones (from the album "Backdraft") (3:50) - Fallstar**
- Superficial Saviour (from the album "Time & Eternal") (3:30) - Colossus**
- I Am Not Who I Once Was (from the album "The Beginning and the End and the Time In-Between") (3:19) - Me and the Trinity
- Redeemed (from the album "When Darkness Reigns") (3:01) - This Divided World
- To Be Honest, I Haven't Been On Apollo 13 (from the EP "Illusions") (3:44) - Aliens Ate My Setlist
- Red (from the "Red" single) (4:54) - Everything In Slow Motion**
- New Line of Defense (from the album "Dethrone") (4:03) - The Order of Elijah****
- The Sea Shall Give Up Its Dead (from the album "The Rise") (3:13) - A Lesser Hope*
- Wolf's Jaw (from the album "Indicator") (3:09) - Onward To Olympas**
- On Trial (from the EP "Paid In Full") (1:35) - No Longer Bound
- Enemies of God (from the EP "A Past That Attempts To Define Me") (3:39) - Clear Convictions
- The Overcomer (from the EP "[D]elusion") (4:23) - A Body Divided
- Worn Out (from the EP "MMXII") (3:50) - Conveyer
- Transgressors (from the album "Self Harvest") (2:40) - Ark of the Covenant**
- Step Away (from the EP "Still Moving, Still Breathing") (3:20) - Letter to the Exiles**
- Prideful Demise (from the album "The Eyes of the Wicked Will Fail") (3:05) - Behold The Kingdom****
- Glory (from the EP "Transformation") (4:10) - Saints Will Rise
- The Voice of the Righteous (from the EP "Abba Father") (5:12) - Sobre Todo Nombre***
- What You've Done (from the EP "EP, Volume 1") (3:23) - Righteous Vendetta
- Almost Home (from the EP "On the Shoulders of Giants") (6:02) - On the Shoulders of Giants
- Acceptance (from the album "Aletheia") (9:43) - Hope For The Dying**
**courtesy of Facedown Records
***courtesy of Come&Live!
****courtesy of Rottweiler Records
Jesusfreakhideout.com on the web:
Twitter - http://twitter.com/jfreakhideout
Instagram - http://instagram.com/jesusfreakhideout
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/jesusfreakhideout
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/jesusfreakhideout
The Jesus Freak Hideout (JFH) launched in August, 1996 as one of the first Christian music websites of its kind. JFH has gone on to inspire many other of today's popular Christian music sites and continues to be a leader in Christian music media on the web over fifteen years later. For more information about Jesusfreakhideout.com, visit www.Jesusfreakhideout.com