Bethlehem, PA (November 28, 2016) - JesusFreakHideout.com, one of the pioneers of Christian music media on the web celebrated two decades online this summer. For the past few years, JFH has celebrated their anniversaries by releasing new free indie compilations brimming with new and familiar talent in the CCM scene. But to mark 20 years, the JFH team wanted to do something special.
JFH decided to pare down the tracklist to a trim 20 artists and teamed with their friends in Jars Of Clay to have any and all proceeds generated by this new compilation go to Blood:Water Mission, an organization co-founded by the multi-platinum, GRAMMY® Award winning band with the purpose of partnering with Africa to end the HIV/AIDS and water crisis.
Through Noisetrade, JFH 20: Celebrating 20 Years of JesusfreakHideout.com is available as a free download, or listeners can "tip" a donation directly to Blood:Water, who will receive 100% of all donations.
"I can not think of a better collaboration of forces in our world than that of music and justice," says Dan Haseltine, co-founder of Blood:Water Mission and frontman of Jars Of Clay. "The stories of people who have been marginalized, oppressed, or held back by a lack of resources like food, water, education, and opportunity matched with the power of music to stir our emotions and help form meaning is what gives most of us the provocation to act. Music has many functions, and is, in and of itself, a mysterious force. When it underscores the hard work of making the world a better place, it is magical. We are so grateful for the partnership of Jars, Blood:Water, and JFH in celebration of 20 years!"
JFH 20 features 20 songs from 20 different artists, with an additional bonus song for a total of 21 tracks. The artists were once again selected and invited by the JFH staff to contribute to the collection.
"Each time we put together one of these compilations, I'm honored to have them be a part of it," stated JFH founder John DiBiase. "JFH was birthed out of a deep and passionate appreciation for Christian music, and the staff and I still have this passion to share two decades in. We hope these compilations are received as a way of us being able to give back to the artists and the fans. And we're super excited to be able to partner with one of my all-time favorite artists, Jars Of Clay, and Blood:Water Mission for this anniversary release."
Among the artists represented on JFH 20: Celebrating 20 Years of JesusfreakHideout.com are Jars of Clay, Disciple, Five Iron Frenzy, Remedy Drive, Flyleaf's Lacey Sturm, Sherwood, Steve Taylor & the Danielson Foil, Falling Up, PFR's Joel Hanson, The Classic Crime, Peter Furler, Kevin Max, Geoff Moore, Emery, and more.
The full 21-song JFH 20: Celebrating 20 Years of JesusfreakHideout.com track listing:
1. Believe (from "Some Things Never Leave You") - Sherwood (3:29)
2. Daylight (from "Hope's Not Giving Up") - Remedy Drive (3:59)
3. Erase (from "Long Live The Rebels") - Disciple (4:04)
4. Boomerang (from "Between Pavement and Stars") - Five Iron Frenzy (3:04)
5. The Dust Patrol (from "Wow to the Deadness") - Steve Taylor & the Danielson Foil (2:01)
6. 13:15 (from "Who Knows? Who Cares?") - Heath McNease (3:31)
7. Broken Heart (from "Reimagined") - Falling Up (3:59)
8. Mumble and Groan (from "Let Me Tell You Everything") - Joel Hanson (4:08)
9. Everything Has Changed (from "Everything Has Changed") - Justin McRoberts (3:26)
10. Worlds Apart (from "20") - Jars of Clay (5:27)
11. Ghost of a King (from "Ghost of a King") - The Gray Havens (4:42)
12. Where Did You Go? (from "What Was Done, Vol. 1: A Decade Revisited") - The Classic Crime (3:51)
13. Pink Slip (from "You Were Never Alone") - Emery (3:20)
14. Shine (from "Show Me the Way") - Byron "Mr. Talkbox" Chambers (3:27)
15. Muzick Is Magic! (from "Playing Games With The Shadows") - Kevin Max (4:11)
16. The Next Thing (from "The Next Thing") - Geoff Moore (5:21)
17. I Will Let You Down (from "1001") - Zach Bolen (4:30)
18. It's All Right [For Lazarus] (from "Sun and Shield") - Peter Furler Band (4:07)
19. Blue (from "The Dream Alive") - Vocal Few (3:51)
20. Run To You (from "Life Screams") - Lacey Sturm (3:37)
21. BONUS: You Are So Beautiful - Sarah Kelly (2:38)